Mediterranean Barley Salad



This afternoon I visited a friend who supplies organic products.  I curiously picked the packet of barley....which I don't remember ever eating before. Next began the hunt for the perfect recipe. I wanted something light and cooling as the weather has been unusually warm here. So here goes...


                       Feta Cheese, that I pick from a store in Bangalore called Namdhari.  They source the cheese  from Kodaikanal, a hill station in Tamil Nadu.


                     Organic barley that I picked from an Organic supplier, I can give details if required.

                  Barley, washed and cooked in a pressure cooker for 7-8 whistles with plenty of water


Recipe:
1 small bowl of Barley, washed and pressure cooked with plenty of water for 7-8 whistles
1/3 cup coriander leaves chopped
1/3 cup pomegranate arils
1/3 cup orange segments
2 tbsp of crumbled Feta cheese
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
Salt and pepper

Mix everything well and serve chilled.

Comments