Homemade Granola with peanut butter



The older kid wanted a healthy snack to be sent to her hostel. I immediately thought of Granola.
Making Granola is so easy plus it's much healthier than the store bought ones. I prefer making my own so that I can add ingredients of my choice and control the amount of sweetness.
I added some peanut butter to mine which is not usual.

This is a great snack to curb the afternoon munchies!





                         Compound chocolate


                         Some Ragi cereal for extra crunch and benefits
 

                       Peanut butter without preservatives or added sugar

3 cups oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup blueberries or raisins
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped chocolate
1/4 cup Ragi cereal

Heat a pan and toast the oats for 3-4 mins. Add the almonds and blueberries and keep stirring.
After the oats are toasted. Add the honey, vanilla, peanut butter and butter and mix well. Turn the flame off and let the granola sit in the pan for 4-5 mins.
Now add the  chopped  chocolate and  the Ragi cereal for an extra crunch.  Mix lightly. 

Comments