Methi Matar Paneer


Ever since I have moved back to the US, I’m on the hunt for easy recipes that I can put together quickly. Dinner making I usually don’t like to spend more that 20 mins. This restaurant staple can be made healthier. I didn’t use any cream and stuck to 2%milk. 😊

2 tbsp mustard oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 green chilies chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 cup fresh methi(fenugreek) leaves, washed and chopped
1 cup paneer, cubed
Paste of (1 tomato and 6-7 cashews)
1 tsp chili pd
1 tsp coriander pd
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 milk
1 cup water

Heat oil, add cumin seeds. Next add onions, ginger, garlic and chilies.
Fry for a 5 mins. Next add the peas and fenugreek leaves. Add the dry powders and salt. Fry well for 6-7 minutes. Next add the tomato and cashew paste and the paneer.
Add milk and water. Cover and simmer for another few minutes. 

Comments